A new treatment utilizing your body's own blood may not only foster hair growth, but thicken your existing hair follicles. Giving hope to millions of people looking to add more volume and length to their hair! No surgery, drugs or expensive treatments are needed for this research proven therapy. PRP relies on the patient's own platelets. Growth factors are found within the platelets and hair growth is stimulated, as well as thickening of the hair follicles.
Here’s what real Doctors found when using PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) in the face:
- There’s never been an allergic reaction or necrosis (this is coming from your own body, so the body does not react to it as a foreign substance).
- Bruising is minimal if at all.
- There’s no lumpiness or nodules.
- The effects last at least 18 months and could be long (as if the skin actually became younger).
- There’s actual growth of new tissue by stimulation of unipotent stem cells. So the change in shape is not from something foreign being in the body but from the body actually rejuvenating and growing!
- The PRFM stimulates new blood flow with new blood vessels–not from simple dilation of the exiting blood vessels.
FEATURED ON NEW YORK TIMES as HOPE FOR WOMEN WITH THINNING HAIR
Platelet Rich Plasma (P.R.P.), This procedure involves drawing blood, spinning it in a centrifuge to extract the plasma, adding various nutrients (like more protein), then injecting the resulting mixture in one-inch intervals in a grid on the top of the scalp, which has been numbed with a local anesthetic.
Like the long-suffering friend who inspired her to undergo the procedure, Ms. Telford quickly saw an improvement in her hair. New hair growth usually take at least four months, but at the two-month mark, she has already spotted some baby hairs. “Not a gazillion,” she said, “but it’s a start.” She’s planning to return for follow-up treatments every six months, and has high hopes of ditching the wigs and wearing her hair in a pixie.
Joseph Greco, Ms. Telford’s practitioner, who shares a patent for a process to remove growth factors from platelets, said he gets results in 80 percent of patients, more than half of whom are female. Roughly half of them fly in and out, often on the same day, he said, because the procedure doesn’t require downtime and has minimal side effects. (Small clinical studies suggest further research is necessary but acknowledge the procedure’s “excellent safety profile.”)
P.R.P. is one of a number of new hair-loss treatments being marketed to women, who suffer hair loss in fewer numbers but often more acutely than men because, for them, hair loss is less socially acceptable, and historically they have had fewer and less potent medical solutions.
Some 30 million women in the United States have hereditary hair loss (compared with 50 million men), according to the American Academy of Dermatology, though that figure does not include the millions more who struggle with thinning hair because of pregnancy, menopause, stress and other health conditions. (This procedure give hope because, comparing it to the alternative "Hair Transplant" Surgery, barely 5 percent of women are said to be good candidates for hair transplant surgery because women lose hair everywhere, meaning that, unlike with men, there is rarely a luxuriant spot on the back of the head from which to harvest hairs unobtrusively.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICING
Vampire Hair Restoration®
- * $1,900 for one treatment
- * $2,550 for two treatments (repeat at three months)
- * $4,000 for four treatments, spaced approximately 3 months apart (initial, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months)
- * Procedure time: 90 minutes